Are you searching for a way to enhance your outdoor living space? Do you want to add an element that is attractive and functional? If so, a swimming pool is an ideal solution.
The right pool can provide you, your family, and friends with hours of fun and entertainment. You also have a built-in way to escape the heat on summer days. If you want to make your Kansas City swimming pool a year-round source of entertainment, all you need to do is add a heater. Thanks to the versatility of this home addition, it is one that makes the investment more than worthwhile.
Important Considerations for Installing a Pool
While you may be ready to dive in and begin searching for the perfect pool now, there are a few practical considerations to think about first.
- Design: Pools are offered in several design options with two basic shapes – geometric and freeform. You can also choose water features such as vanishing edges and sunning shelfs.
- Size: The size of the pool you install is going to be dependent on the amount of space you have. Don’t use your entire yard area for the pool, since you are likely going to want a patio area at some point.
- Location: It is best to install your pool close to your patio or another outdoor living area. This makes it comfortable for people to swim and socialize.
- Zone regulations: Prior to digging, make sure you aren’t breaking any zoning regulations for your neighborhood or city. In many situations, the contractor you hire will take care of this. Permits are required for pools.
- The View: Do you live in a particularly scenic area? Or, is your home in a neighborhood? Consider views and placement carefully to determine if you also need to install a fence for privacy.
The Best Type of Swimming Pool
There is no such thing as a “right” answer for everyone when it comes to selecting the right type of pool. You have to consider what you want and then find the pool option that best meets these expectations.
When choosing a pool, there are three basic options to consider:
Fiberglass pools are extremely popular due to their low maintenance, energy efficiency, and durability. They are also compatible with saltwater systems and have a low cost of ownership.
However, the major con of fiberglass pools is that they are typically not customizable in regard to size or shape. Fortunately, several shapes and sizes are available.
Concrete pools are another popular option, mainly due to how customizable they are and the large number of features offered. This style of pool is also extremely nice to look at and can withstand constant use and abuse.
Some of the downsides of a concrete pool include the high use of chemicals and constant maintenance they require. Concrete is also not an option if you want a saltwater system.
A pool type that most people are familiar with is the vinyl liner style pool. These are the most affordable options and use fewer chemicals than concrete pools. However, the lower price also means the pool is not as durable and has low energy efficiency.
Selecting a pool is a big decision. However, if you want to complement your existing outdoor area with a source of fun and entertainment, then there is no question it is a smart addition. Taking the time to find the right one will ensure you get the results and price you desire.
Since there is not “one-size-fits-all” approach to pools, knowing your options will help guide you towards an investment that works for you. If you are searching for a Kansas City swimming pool company for your outdoor living project, please contact High Prairie today.